Thank you!

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Just a quick one to let you know I very much appreciate your remote. It works fine with my Onkyo TX NR 609. I just upgraded to the Nov 4 version. My comments below relate to the version before that. May I suggest you leave an email address or similar in the app. I really like your app so I wanted to send you some feedback but I have register with yet another site that I will never visit again. Having said that. Thanks for this elegant piece of software.

Although I really like my receiver I have to admit I hardly use it because it is to complex. Other than playing music via DLNA and listen to the radio I hardly use any features. The networking capabilities is what I bought it for but it is to cumbersome for the average user. For instance I still have to look into internet radio so my suggestions are very limited.

What I would really like:
  1. Option to send remote control to tray. I have the program open all day.
  2. Slider to control the volume. Sometimes I hear a song and turn the volume up but have to keep on clicking.
Nice to have:
  1. Option to program a button. I run Foobar on my PC and play the stream over my receiver. That takes a lot of clicks.
  2. Fixed menu's rather than fade in/fade out. I find them somewhat confusing, especially the close button for the menu
Question:
  1. Is it possible to show the information on the receiver's display on the Remote Control or is that technically not feasible.
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Hello and thank you for your suggestions.

Here are some information’s:
  1. It’s not a huge problem to send the application to tray. But it might confuse some users. The problem is when I connect to the receiver with NOnkyo no other application can connect to the same receiver as long as the application is in the tray. But I will see what I can do.
  2. I have to search the right place to add a slider to control the volume or a programmable button.
  3. That the menus fade in and out is because there are more options than with a normal menu. It’s not easy to switch to a normal menu with all functions.
  4. Not all information’s from the receiver’s display can I get. For example the RDS (title, interpret and so on) info’s in tuner mode.
The goal of the application is to control the receiver with a simple and touchable interface. I have to see if the points fits. In the next release I will add an email address for
direct contact.
Aug 18, 2015 at 1:17 PM
Thanks for this. NOnkyo 0.14 already does what I need it to do. But I take the opportunity to make a few minor remarks.
On (my) TX-NR709 volume (main, center) goes in 0.5 steps. NOnkyo doesn't see the difference between x.0 and x.5, so in a preset the .5 is just dropped.
I can imagine 2 approaches to this: 1) add the .5 step where appropriate or 2) go the other way and make volume up/down always go to the next x.0 step, leave the rest as is. (so just read the volume like you do now, and add/subtract 1 on up/down and set the volume to that value).

At release 0.13 you added: 3 presets to save and restore audio settings (volume, treble, bass, center lvl and subwoofer lvl).
I'd like to remark that volume and center level are set, but not treble and bass, sub I don't know because I do not use one. (could that have something to do with it? some people don't use a center speaker and some don't have a sub).
The behaviour is very much OK with me, maybe just a change in the documentation.